DIY Bio Meeting #2 is tonight from 7-9PM.
Here’s the rough agenda for the upcoming Meetup this week (Note location change!):
DIYbio Cambridge MeetUp #2 @ BetaHouse
7:00pm – 9:00pm Thursday 12 June 2008
13 Magazine st, apt. 2, Cambridge, MA 02139
BetaHouse is a co-working space that I work at and that has graciously agreed to host the event. It will work better than Asgard because we’re going to be getting our hands dirty:
= AGENDA =
== 7:00 – 8:00 DNA Extraction in the Kitchen ==
* Read the kitchen knives reviews and the attached protocol: MAKE vol 07 – Kitchen Counter DNA Lab
* The only thing you’ll need is to bring your favorite organic material (tuna, banana, cow heart… but keep it safe, please)
== 8:00 – 9:00 – DIYbio Hackathon ==
* list and tag all DIYbio protocols and resources known to the interwebs
* Bring your laptops
* add them to del.icio.us: consensus tag “DIYbio” + “protocol”, “equipment”, “tools” etc.
* feel free to get started early
* p.s. bryan bishop: we want to produce a high-quality, highly-granular collection of links, not a gigantic disorganized grab-bag
I’ll get some pizza for us all (we’ll eat while discussing the DNA extraction), so please RSVP so I can get a good headcount.
See you all thursday!